You’re interested in bringing solar power into your home. But before you commit, you want to understand the process of adding solar panels as well as your options for financing.
In this article, we’ll go over the savings you can enjoy on the cost of installation, as well as the savings you’ll see on your electricity costs.
Benefits of installing solar panels
People install solar panels for different reasons, but one of the main ones is lower electricity bills. This is especially important here in Florida, where our hot weather lasts beyond summer, and we need to run our air conditioning almost non-stop. Some of the benefits of solar panels include:
- Higher property values. As we noted in our article on solar panels and home values, homes with solar panels sell for 4% more than those without.
- Protection against rising electricity rates. Florida homeowners pay among the highest energy costs in the nation.
- Reduction of your carbon footprint. Going green is another major factor that influences people to move to solar power. Installing panels reduces the greenhouse gases that pollute the air and lead to higher temperatures.
How much do you save when you install solar panels?
The amount you save on your electricity bill when you install a solar photovoltaic system depends on a few factors, including:
- How much electricity you use. If you have high bills, expect to see a greater reward when you switch to solar.
- The hours of direct sunlight your home receives.
- The retail rate charged by your electricity provider for the surplus energy your solar panels generate. Learn more about net metering.
During our free consultation, Florida Solar’s experts can help determine how much you will save on your electricity bill. For more insight into the factors we look at, read our article “How to Estimate Your Savings When Switching to Solar.”
Installing solar panels onto a home
Some homeowners worry about the process of placing solar panels on the roofs. They’re concerned it will take too long and cause too much of a disturbance. A few are concerned they have an unusual house that will make installation difficult.
We’ve seen it all, and we’ve been able to put all of our customers’ minds at ease while meeting their demands.
That’s why you want to work with Florida Solar.
We let you know upfront how long the process will take from start to finish. We also take care of the entire design and installation process so that it is headache-free and doesn’t disturb your daily routine. Need to delay the install because of circumstances beyond your control? No problem. Our professional team is flexible and will work with you so that the process is fast, high quality, and stress-free.
Here’s how, in just a few steps, we help you go solar:
- You schedule a free solar savings consultation
- We design your custom solar system
- We obtain all the needed permits to move forward with the work
- We install your system.
Now you can enjoy solar energy that works for you and saves you money.
Solar financing – what are my options?
Adding solar to your home doesn’t have to be a big out-of-pocket expense. In fact, there are resources that can lower your cost of installation.
We partner with home improvement lenders that make it easy to afford your solar system. The financing process is quick and easy, and you don’t need to put any money down.
Another resource for lowering your cost is the Federal Solar Tax Credit. This is where you’ll receive 26% of your total project costs (including equipment, permitting, and installation) as a credit on your federal tax return.
Let’s say you owe money on your federal taxes. You can claim 26% of your project expenses and deduct that from what you owe to the IRS. Just be aware that the tax credit of 26% expires on December 31, 2022, and falls to 22% in 2023. If you want to maximize your savings, now is the time to act!
To learn more, read our article “How to Get the Solar Tax Credit for 2022.”
Go solar with Florida Solar
For over 40 years, Florida Solar has been installing residential and commercial solar panels. We also service your system, so you can rely on us for the ongoing maintenance that keeps your system performing at a high level for years to come.
Call us at 727-300-1515 or click here for a free quote. Our experts are available to come out to your home and explain the assessment and installation processes. Current Florida Solar customers compliment us on how thoroughly we explain the entire solar installation process and answer all of their questions. We look forward to providing that same high level of service to you.